Monday, February 4, 2008

Roasted Tomato Salsa

This salsa is adapted from a Rick Bayless recipe. It is a very simple recipe with big flavors that can be adapted to individual taste. I bought 1 14.5oz can of fire roasted tomatoes (with chilies, but I usually get without). I roasted 1 jalapeno and 2 cloves of garlic (with their shell still on) in a pan on medium-high heat until the outside of the garlic and jalapeno are blackened. Into a food processor (or using a hand blender) put all ingredients along with salt, pepper and the juice of about half a lime. Chop a bunch of cilantro (I used about 3/4 cup), but you could add more or less if you want. Stir cilantro into the salsa mixture and enjoy! I also added a dash of vinegar (cider or red wine would work) for a little bit of extra zip. This is a great recipe and can be adapted to your liking, depending on how spicy or garlic-y you like things.

No comments: