Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pinkberry, Los Angeles

I don't know why these new amazing frozen yogurt stores aren't on every corner in every city, because they should be. I visited one in LA this past weekend and it changed the way I feel about frozen yogurt....forever. The store itself is sparse with a wall lined in japanese anime style plastic dishwear and figurines. The frozen yogurt base is a delicious non-fat lemony, panna cotta-y tasting yummy yogurt (there is also a green tea option, but I didn't try that...and don't see a reason to). On top of that you can choose from a variety of fresh fruit (raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, strawberry, kiwi, mango, pineapple...) and dry toppings (almonds, captain crunch, granola, cocoa pebbles, chocolate chips, yogurt chips...). On the day I was there they also had a mochi topping option. Molly and I shared a medium and we able to choose 3 toppings; mango, raspberry and mochi. It was so good! I want one right now just thinking about it. Its a tiny bit pricey at $4.95 for a medium, but the fruit is fresh and I would probably pay twice that for some of that incredible frozen yogurt. If you have the chance to go there, do...repeatedly.

http://www.pinkberry.com

No comments: