Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sunflower, October 15, 2007

This is one of my all-time favorite restaurants in San Francisco. Molly and I stopped in for a quick lunch on Monday around 1:30pm. They have the best lunch special in town, in my opinion. For $7.95 you get a cup of hot & sour soup, asian cabbage slaw, fresh spring rolls (usually comes with an imperial roll, but I substitute the fress roll for 50 cents), rice and entree. I got the lemongrass prawns, a heaping portion of sauteed green beans, onions, prawns, garlic, lemongrass and chilies. I absolutely love the soup, a tangy and slightly spicy broth with chunks of pineapple, tomatoes, tofu, mushrooms and bean sprouts. The fresh spring rolls, filled with vermicelli noodles, lettuce, mint, basil and shrimps, are one of my favorite food items ever. They serve it with a clear sauce, today a little heavy on the fish sauce, so I also asked for a side of peanut sauce for dipping. I can never eat the entire plate of 5 different items, so it usually makes a great second meal or afternoon snack. Molly ordered the vegetarian noodle soup, a giant bowl filled to the brim, overflowing with rice noodles, cabbage, mushrooms, tofu and a meriad of other vegetables. The portion is definitely enough for 2-3 people, so for $6, this is definitely a great bargain. I never get sick of Sunflower and especially reccommend the lunch special (though any meal there is usually great). I also like the full portion of the hot & sour soup and could probably eat that everyday.

www.sunflower-restaurant.com

No comments: