Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tangerine, 8/16/07

I've never been drawn to dine at Tangerine, so when my dad (visiting from Portland) suggested eating dinner there I was a little bit hesitant. He thought the menu looked interesting and it was close to the bed and breakfast that my parents stayed at. I walked in feeling optimistic. The menu looked good- interesting flavors, etc. The waiter was nice, but we soon determined had no idea what he was doing and seemed very unfamiliar with the restaurant and food. The food was awful. I mean, it was bad, really bad. And for the prices they were charging, it was ridiculous. It was like they wanted to be a fine dining restaurant, but none of the ingredients seemed high quality or fresh. The seafood all tasted metalic. The bread was stale. Almost everything was fried. They forgot to bring out a dish, which we didn't realize until the end of the meal. I think the intention of this restaurant may be good, but the execution and delivery doesn't translate the owner/chef's vision. I will not be dining at Tangerine again, anytime soon. At least not until I'v forgotten about this experience.

No comments: